Generals bounce back

Attleboro, MA.  After a disappointing opener that saw the Generals fall to the Nordiques 5-1 the Generals had a chance for a little revenge.

Once again the Generals came out flying and put a lot of pressure on the Nordiques in the offensive zone and were able to capitalize with a goal by Tyler Cooper (his 2nd on the year) for a 1-0 lead halfway through the first period.  But the Generals would end up in the penalty box late and the Nordiques would score on a Noah Kane PP goal to end period 1 tied 1-1.

The second period looked like it was going to me all Nordiques after Kevin Pitts made it 2-1 less than 4 minutes into the second period.  However the Generals would respond in a big way.  Ripping off 4 straight goals.  First up was Assistant Captain Cam Gaudette who was able to wheel around the offensive zone and beat the Maine goalie top corner.  That goal was followed by goals by newcomer Ethan Destefani, Assistant Captain Gerard Marretta (Short Handed) and UVM committ Trevor Smith.  After 2 the score stood at 5-2 in favor of the Generals who were outshooting the Nordiques 30-20.

Entering the final 20 the Generals appeared to be in command with a 5-2 lead.  However a 5 minute major early in the 3rd saw the Nordiques with a 5 minute power play and they were able to score twice to cut the lead to 5-4.  With the game tightening newcomer Joey Larossa gave the Generals some breathing room as he drove the net for his first Junior hockey goal to give the home team a 6-4 lead.  Less than 30 seconds later UNH Committ Jack Ring would put the Generals up 7-4 with 10 minutes to go in the game and the Generals seemingly in command.

But the Nordiques were not going to go down without a fight as a Sam Harris goal cut the deficit to 2 and then with under 3 minutes to go Dubrul would score to shrink the Generals lead to 7-6.

With the goalie pulled the Nordiques peppered newcomer Ethan Racz in net but he was able to make key stops and the Generals held on for a 7-6 victory.